While not everyone needs a will, most people could benefit from a will. You could use a will if:
- You would not want your property divided according to your state’s intestacy laws
- You would want to leave something to a person not recognized by your state’s intestacy laws (a non-marital partner, a stepchild, a best friend)
- You or your spouse have children from another relationship
- You have minor children and would like to designate a guardian to care for them
- You have a beneficiary with special needs
- You have specific wishes regarding how your assets are distributed
- You would like to leave something to a charity.
- You would like to establish some sort of trust upon your death
- You have a substantial estate and could benefit from tax planning
If you need a will, Monticello based Minnesota Estate Planning Attorney Jennifer R. Lewis Kannegieter provides a variety of estate planning services for clients throughout the Twin Cities and Central Minnesota. Contact Jennifer today.